Puma Bonnets for Land Rover Defender
- Suitable for all Defenders from 200tdi to Puma models.
- We have both genuine OEM Land Rover Puma Bonnets made of aluminium (part number BKA710140), and cheaper aftermarket versions – both standard and reinforced.
- The aftermarket version Land Rover Defender Puma Bonnet is made of GRP – Glass Reinforced Plastic with steel fixtures for original fasteners; it is durable and flexible for heavy use. It is light-weight compared to original aluminium Defender bonnets – the net weight is 10KG. Noise transmission is much less than the OEM aluminium version. It will reduce the engine noise.
- NOTE : Both types are unfinished – meaning they require some filling, primer and top coats of paint.
Masai Sport Scooped Bonnet with Grill for Land Rover Defender - GRP Fibreglass
Masai Sport Scooped Bonnet with Grill for Land Rover Defender - GRP - BLACK
- Suitable for all Defenders - Puma TDCi, TD5, 200/300Tdi.
- PLEASE NOTE: This Defender Puma bonnet is made of GRP with black gel coat (RAL 9005) as standard but does require suitable preparation (some filling and priming) and final painting. Do not oven bake your paint finish.
- This aftermarket Land Rover Defender Puma Bonnet is made of Glass Reinforced Plastic with steel fixtures for the original fasteners; it is durable and flexible for heavy use.
- Our scooped bonnet with mesh design allows cooling airflow through the mesh but rain is directed to the sides away from the engine block.
- It is light-weight compared to original aluminium Defender bonnets - the net weight is 15KG.
- Noise transmission is much less than the aluminium versions. It will reduce the engine noise.
200TDI Defender Owners ATTENTION
This coolant tank pointed to above, needs to be moved away from the side of the wings so that it does not impede the movement of the bonnet. We recommend that you use a U-Shaped bracket shown in the photo above to space out the coolant tank so the bonnet can correctly shut.
We can also supply these fittings as extras:
- Hinges Kit (genuine Land Rover parts)
- Bonnet Decal Kit (genuine Land Rover parts hence the high relative price)
- Striker and Hook Kit (not genuine Land Rover parts)